Thursday, August 4, 2011

ocean sewing

I just got back a couple days ago from a girls retreat to the Oregon coast! We went to Brookings, Oregon that is right on the border of California. It was such a peaceful 5 days!! One of my favorite things was waking up to the sounds of the waves! I even squeezed in some sewing, along with a fun little trip into the quant little beach town to visit the local quilt shop! It was so refreshing, but am happy to be home again too!!

Here are a few pictures of our trip~


Toes in the sand!!


At a little boutique/antique shop I found the sweetest little bundle of vintage fabrics and a cute little embroidery!! It was sure the highlight of my day and felt like I found that little needle in the haystack!!


Aren't they the sweetest ever!!

For sewing I worked on several projects!! For the Pinwheels in the Park, I got all my pieces cut.

All the triangles

I can't wait to start sewing the blocks now!! Make sure to let me know if you are sewing along! I'd love to follow your progress too. :)

I started working on my Heather Ross summer time quilt!! I've had this on my to do list for quite some time so it was fun to finally get started! I'm doing the pattern Shortcake by Alison of Cluck Cluck Sew. I had to cut all my strips so that took a bit of time as it normally calls for a jelly roll.



My week 10 blocks! I like doing a simple one and then one that is a bit more piecing to even it out.

{64} Piece & Plenty

{39} Friendship

I hope you are having a wonderful week!! I've been enjoying some sunny days and my sweet little ones since I've been back!! :)

15 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend you must have had. I have a stash of Heather Ross fabrics and just finished 2 twin quilts for my granddaughters room.....I'll be posting pictures soon....that is a very sweet vintage find....have a wonderful week with your sweet little ones....they grow up far to fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! The Oregeon coast is one of my favorite places. We are actually planning a trip there in the fall and will likely spend a day or two in Brookings. So if you have any suggestions of must visit shops or restaurants that you'd like to pass along they would be much appreciated. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your FW blocks, the fabric is so adorable. Well done on the lucky thrify find too!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog.. have been following it for a while anonymously, but just joined blogland. :) That thrift store find looked like it was placed there just for you! Looks like you had a great time with girlfriends. Nice to officially "meet" you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a beautiful town. We were there in April and it was gorgeous.

    Love your finds. You did hit the jackpot.

    Your blocks are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Kerri - everything is just so cute! I absolutely love your fwq blocks and those HR ones are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to have a girls getaway. Those are the best!! You got a lot of work done, too - great blocks, Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing how your pinwheels go Kerri! Thanks for hosting the quilt a long

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your rose print cardigan. May I ask where you bought it? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for your sweet comments!!

    miranda, i got my cardigan a couple months ago at abercrombie. you never know, they might still have more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi kerri! what cute pictures! i love the one of you in the water....super cute. :)

    i'm amazed at how much sewing you got done! but i guess it makes sense when you have all that time to yourself. everything looks amazing! and you were able to start a beach quilt...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kerri - your sewing ocean break looks wonderful. I have cut all my fabrics, ready to sew! Cant wait to see the quilts all take shape.
    Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kerri,

    Your girl's break at the beach looks like it was so much fun! Love your blocks and the colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kerri, you are so adorable. I love your blocks too. I can't wait to see them all done up together. I have gotten so far as to package up a small parcel for you, all I have to do now is go to the post office. Have a great week! xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't remember if I told you I was quilting along with Pinwheels in the Park, but I am. I cut all my fabrics, and then I went a little crazy (because the pattern is so cute), so I am all finished with the top. I just have to quilt it. The blog post will be up tomorrow. Thanks for linking to it and hosting the quilt-along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!