Monday, January 19, 2009

the ava doll quilt

this is my first scrap quilt! all from the scraps of the coin quilt. since i had used a charm pack for the coin quilt and had cut off an inch and a half from the width it made quite a few small strips. i used all those strips in a mini log cabinish style by framing them around 2 1/2 inch squares.

i made this for the table topper for my sister in laws shower that could also be used as a wall hanging in ava's room! i went thrifty and made everything for the decorations that also could be used in her room! i'll share the rest of them later this week. but for now here is the doll quilt:

my favorite part of this quilt is all the japanese forest animals!! i am in love with all of them!! aren't they sooo yummy!


hope everyone has a magical day!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry,
    I love the colours in both the larger coin quilt and now this little beauty :)I would NEVER even consider putting red and aqua together, but it just brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! great work! what is the blue & pink floral fabric in the quilt border?? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me and the boys sat looking at all the little forest friends and having austin "find" the owl, squirrel and so forth. it's adorable and amazing! thank you! i hope to have the patience to make something like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stephanie,

    the blue and pink floral fabric is one of the Darla fabrics from Tanya Whelan. They are a fav. of Tashas my sister in laws!! Aren't they so lovely! i've gotten a little stash of them since working with them for Tasha and think they are so cute!! :) can't wait to start working with them again for my girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kerri! I have two little girls that would love this too. I'm off to look for it lickity-split!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this answers my comment in the last post. : ) So so beautiful. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have an ava rose charm pack that i've been waiting for the perfect project for! think i found it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!