Thursday, August 11, 2011

pinwheels!!

I got all my pinwheel blocks sewn for the Pinwheels in the Park Quilt! It was fun to work on such large blocks after sewing so many of my fwqa blocks that are really tiny!! The pinwheel blocks are 14 1/2 inch square...really big! Yeah for big blocks!! They also came together pretty quickly, which was great too!!

I think they turned out really cute!! I used Annie's Farm Stand, Lecien Old New, and Flower Sugar, the Sugar and Spice Stripes, and the Solid is Moda's Bella Solids in PFD White.

I also used some cute pinwheel fabric since I received my Sarah Jane, Children at Play fabric last week (they were holding it since the embroidery patterns hadn't come in yet). The cute red and aqua pinwheels were perfect for this quilt!!

The oh so pretty Annie's Farm Stand!!



Remember to let me know if you're making one too so I can cheer you along!! :) Next week we'll be adding the sashing and border to finish the quilt top!! I can't wait to see it all come together!!

I'm off to the beach with the kiddos! Trying to enjoy the sunny weather while we still have it. :)

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!! Can I copy a picture for my file!!! I love it.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love your pinwheel blocks .. the fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pinwheels! And the colors/fabrics. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am participating. You can see my blocks at:

    http://itching2bstitching.blogspot.com/2011/08/to-legit-to-legit-to-quit.html

    Very fun quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun quilt pattern, and these colors are so pretty! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blocks. You have a great eye for color. I'm still developing mine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerrie - Great job! Funny because I started cutting mine on Wednesday night, and had an unexpected day off yesterday and finished the top! I messed up and didn't use 2 diff fabrics for the larger part of the pinwheel but I love it anyway. I don't blog (don't know how you find the time!). Thanks for sharing! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm behind,real behind. I picked out my fabric and that's it. I'm going to cut them out next week. I just finishing up a bag. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kerri,
    I have enjoyed reading you blog, and have awarded you the versatile blogger award.... please visit my blog for more information... www.polkadot-pretties.blogspot..com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!