Wednesday, May 27, 2009

a mini quilt wednesday

I have both the mini quilts done and they are both on their way!! Hopefully they will be enjoyed and loved in their new homes!! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the little mini's, and already have two mini quilt swaps set up for June. :)

This is Ariels, red and aqua quilt with mushrooms and hedgies!! I love how it turned out, and even got to do a little sketchy stitchy applique for the first time!!


The M quilt for alphabet mania in the STUD quilt group. I'm calling it- Merry Mini's with a touch of Minnie Muu, just for Ansje. I'm also loving this one, with all the yummy darla fabrics!!

I snuck in a cute little yellow mocking bird!! :)


We are taking a little trip at the end of this week to California, and will be gone for a little over a week! I'll sure miss the quilting bloggie world!!

24 comments:

  1. These turned out sooooo great!!! I am in love with my little quilt and am checking the mailbox like crazy! Have a safe trip and we'll look forward to having you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so sweet. Have fun in California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me, it is absolutely adorable. Happy little one with this, I am sure. Be safe & enjoy.
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute! you're coming out my way! hope you have fun here in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so very sweet! I especially like the 2nd one! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute, you're torturing me here! I just saw your favorite things on the sidebar, they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these quilts...just wondering how wide the strips are...sometimes it's so hard to judge the size in a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That log cabin quilt is adorable. and i love the applique on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are so adorable.

    Thanks for the link to the sketchy applique...that looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for all the kind comments!! they all are so much appreciated!!

    Sherri,

    If I remember right the strips were cut 1 1/2 inches wide. I don't have them anymore to double check.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting the link to the sketchy tutorial! I've been admiring that style of applique but couldn't quite get the hang of it.... I LOVE your mini quilts! I'm going to finish your doll quilt and then I'm cuttng into my Munki beach (I needed some to finish the back of a quilt)...and then you know I'm heading over to the swap group! hehe I hope you have a FABULOUS trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're both adorable, but I just love the colors in that second one. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the mini quilts! i can imagine that they were not easy to send off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These turned out very nice.

    Does your machine do all the quilting??

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, my! those are just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red mini quilt--super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such cute little quilts...i especially love the darla fabrics....so soft and gentle feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your miniquilts! They are so happy and crispy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!