Thursday, April 17, 2014

Flowers in Vintage Bottles

Did you know that Heather and I started a new swap on Instagram?  It's called I Yarn, U Stitch, swap.   Half of the swappers are quilters, and the other half are knitters/crocheters.  We matched everyone up so quilters would receive a knitted/crochet item and the knitters/crocheters would receive something quilted.    Doesn't that sound like fun!!

This week was the deadline and I was working like mad to get my item all finished up.  I paper pieced some flowers in vintage bottles and then added a sweet pinwheel border.


I decided to make it into a pillow so my partner could either use it as a wall hanging or a pillow.


 A bit of a close up of the quilting.



These pinwheels are made the same way I showed in my easy peasy pinwheel tutorial.  They are 2 1/2 inches unfinished.  I love these cute little things!!


With having 28 to make for the border I made 6-8 at a time to help it go a bit faster.


The pattern "Flowers in Vintage  Bottles" is from my sweet and talented friend, Charise.   I adore all her patterns.  I have several others that I've purchased and am hoping to work on them soon.


A simple and quick envelope backing that is durable when you have little ones. 


After I finished the pillow I went to a couple antique shops and found a vintage bottle and a pretty crochet floral doily.     Then I stopped at Joanns to get some pretty silk flowers for the vintage bottle.  Now my swap package was complete.  :)  The crochet doily came in a set of 3 so I was even able to keep a couple for myself.  Yay!!  Win, win!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Hugs,

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillow!
    I adore your little pinwheels and need to make some....so darn cute...thanks for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your partner is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow is just precious! I have loved watching it come together on ig. :o) Have a super day! Trish xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how delightful! Your swap partner is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your package is so sweet, your partner will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been exploring for a little for any high quality
    articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo
    I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info
    So i'm happy to express that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed.
    I such a lot for sure will make sure to do not put out of
    your mind this website and give it a look on a constant basis.


    Feel free to surf to my web page :: How to bypass a survey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pillow! Lucky swap recipient /)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This swap is a wonderful idea. Your cushion is just lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this swap?! What a great idea! Your swap item is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerri - it is so beautiful! Love the border!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderfully cute, you do such cute work..love the doily too..aren't antique stores fun?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! And the swap is such a good one - matching quilters with knitters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this sweet pillow!! I might have to get the pattern and make one! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quilt and pillow! Great work! I am in love with your blog. A lot of kisses from barcelona! Montse lesmiliunaidees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is the cutest pillow ever! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is beautiful! What a wonderful swap. I'm so sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet pillow! I love the design and your fabric choices are gorgeous!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love this pillow! I'm going to have to buy the paper pieced vintage bottle pattern. Do you have directions to make the the pinwheels or maybe how many I would need to finish? I LOVE your pillow, the colors are sooooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!