Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ticker tape spring pillows!


This week-end I had a lovely time working on a couple matching spring pillows.   I used Amy's sweet templates she designed for making a cute bunting.   I printed the bunny and chick out to fit a full page so they would be large enough for a pillow.  Like Amy, I also did a ticker tape design...and just LOVE it!!

 Don't they look so sweet together!!  I love how simple but cute they are. 

Sweet little bunny!

a cute little chick-a-dee!!

I had gotten in some yellow pom pom trim a little while back and this was the perfect project to use it on.

I mainly used my left over scraps from my granny squares along with a couple new ones that I just added to my stash.  The strips are each 1/2 inch wide.

A little tip on adding pom pom trim...I stitch it on the pillow top before I stitch the back on so it doesn't move about and cause a headache.  :)

And here they are keeping the other pillows company!  They sure add that perfect spring touch to the home!! 


THANKS Amy, for creating the cutest little templates!!   They were so fun to work with!!

12 comments:

  1. I love the use of the poms - very sweet pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just as sweet as Amy's bunting Kerri!
    Can I ask, do all those little pieces have raw edges? They're so close together it's hard to tell. They're adorable and they go so well with your other pillows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, kylie!! the little pieces are raw edge. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, these are so sweet!! I love the ticker tape!! Beautiful! :) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I loved Amy's and I love your too!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! They are so lovely, as all you do.
    Regards from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the pillows! And pompom trim just makes everything cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pillows (both of them) are so pretty. I love the prints you used, and the pom poms. You're right, the yellow went perfectly with the chickadee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The both pollows looks so lovely! Spot-on for spring / Easter. Have a sunny weekend. Nicole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kerri, I love your rabbit pillow! So fresh and cute! Well done~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!