Monday, August 5, 2013

a farmers wife again

Do you remember how I started my farmers wife quilt a couple years ago? My blocks have been sitting on my shelf looking pretty for far too long. I was about to start another project and then saw my pretty stack. It was time to pull them out, and I'm so glad I did. I'm getting so close to having enough for a lap size quilt.

This shows 41 of them.  I finished 5 more since this picture so have 4 more to do and then will have enough for the lap size.  So close!!


Peace & Plenty {64}


Ribbons {74}  I've been using my new vintage iron I found and I love how it presses the seams super flat!!  It is so heavy, and perfect for working on blocks!!  Thanks Lori for recommending vintage irons!!


The bottom row also shows Maple Leaf {56} & End of Day {30}


Country Path {24}


This one I did this morning.  I love the strawberries!!  :)


I also finished my July blocks last week.  I love having a hexie block to keep me busy each month. 


This week-end I started on my August block and made some good progress on it. 


I also found a new vintage quilt!!  I couldn't resist taking a photo of all my recent ones I've found.   I think they are so pretty!


This is my newest one.  Love the pink border!!


For shop news I listed the Mary Rose, Sweet Charm collection in bundles.  I love how soft and pretty these fabrics are!!


I also received some of Lori's sweet Bake Sale fabrics for the shop!  Isn't it lovely!!  I have several projects in mind already I want to make. 


I hope everyone had a lovely week-end and is having a magical Monday!!

Hugs, 

12 comments:

  1. I love your farmers wife blocks Kerri... You are so good at putting fabrics together! I just love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are just beautiful! On your monthly hexie blocks are you using a pattern, quilt along or just making a block a month? I have started making some hexies but feel lost as I don't have a pattern in mind. Yours is such beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are looking terrific! I am so glad you pulled them out to finish up. I can't wait to see the end result!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are fabulous. I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all your blocks are gorgeous!! Love your hexies, too!! And, the vintage quilts are so pretty and sweet!! Have a lovely week, too! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a farmer's wife lap quilt also :) I just love the colors you chose for yours! Each one is so beautiful! I really like the way you made your maple leaf one color, very different but simple. I've read about Lori's irons, I should look for one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're in the home stretch of your Farmer's Wife quilt! It's beautiful. And I love your hexies. I'm just finishing up my hexie quilt - a Grandmother's Flower Garden - and really enjoying the process. I should have more time to work on it now that fall is looming. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your FW blocks and your vintage quilts. I really do want to start hunting for some. Love them!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love oyur FW blocks and vintage finds. And the squirell with the umbrella, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hexies...i am so itching to start another hexie project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects, all, but I particularly love the little hexies. Could be because I am working on 2 hexie projects - one this size and one considerably larger. Addictive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to say that you have awesome collection of beautiful quilts thanks for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!