Tuesday, May 29, 2012

vintage nursery quilt

We had a lovely holiday week-end and had more fun times with Tasha's family.   With all the kiddos enjoying their time with cousins, and the guys having fun with their toys; Tasha and I were able to squeeze in a little sewing again.   :)

I was able to finish up the sweet life blocks that I started the other week.  I'm heading out of town tomorrow and am so excited I'll get to hand deliver it to my sister.


These pictures I took are in Ava's cute nursery (thanks Tasha!).  Doesn't it looks so sweet hanging on her adorable crib!



And you have to get a walking quilted picture!  :)


A close up of the quilting and the binding.   I used Tanya Whelans, Sugar Hill, Plaid in Ivory that I just got in for the shop a couple weeks ago!  I love Tanya's sweet Sugar Hill collection!!


Again I used a sweet vintage sheet for the back.  I think this one was a perfect match for the quilt!


I better get to some packing and quick clean up before I head out of town.  I'll be taking my two little ones to Iowa to see some family for a couple weeks. We'll still have the shop open and my hubby and sil will keep up with the orders and shipping.  I'll try to get on everyday to answer convos and relist things.   Hopefully I can get on once for an update on my blog too, as I know I'll miss my sweet online friends!  :) 

See ya soon,


19 comments:

  1. HELLO KERRI! THIS IS GORGEOUS! SO BRIGHT AND CHEERY FOR THE NURSERY! THANKS FOR SHARING!

    msstitcher1214@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious! What a darling little quilt. :o)
    I am having a little give a way on my blog if you would like to drop by. :o)
    Have fun in Iowa. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that's adorable. Makes me sad all over again that my latest package from you was misdelivered :-{ I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and go re-order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! Your eye for color is incredible and your sewing skills are insane! Have fun on your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ! Great job! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely perfect little quilt! You do some amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet Kerri, The quilt you made is so beautiful and I love the fabrics you used! They are so sweet! The backing is perfect too! Your sister and her baby will treasure this always! I am glad you and Tasha have enjoyed sewing together! That is such a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip sweetie. I will miss you! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO sweet Kerri. I love the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerri this is darling...I love how you made this fabric work together...Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerri it is precious!! Love the vintage sheet!! Perfection! Have a wonderful trip!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one gorgeous quilt. The fussy cut vintage centres are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Love the colours, fabrics, block patterns, love it all!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kerri, the quilt is just beautiful! If it came in a king size I would use it on my bed! Such beautiful timeless fabrics and a pretty block design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kerry your baby quilt is so cute. I am so in love with that fabric. Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your family.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this quilt is absolutely breathtaking! My gosh,now i dream about it for my doughter! I love ur blog!
    kisses, Gucia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!