Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a good day!

Today was 3 of my kiddos first day back to school, and tomorrow my kindergartner starts!! My older 3 were so excited to go back and see all their friends. It sure will be nice to be back to a routine again!! It was a little hectic with my mom in town (she just left on Monday), with all the school shopping, and last minute summer fun activities! Now I can take a deep breath!! I even got a little sewing in this morning!!




A couple weeks ago we went to Leavenworth for the day!! I hadn't been there in years and it was sure fun to bring the kiddos there. When I was there I stopped in at the local quilt shop and saw the most beautiful quilt made out of some 30's reproduction fabrics!! The shop owner told me the fabric were all from a collection called More Fat 8ths and Friends from 2006.

Of course when I got home I had to do a little search!! Lucky for me I found some, and was even able to get a little yardage from the designer, Marsha McCloskey. I think the way they have the fabric printed is so clever. There are 4 fat 8ths printed on a half yard!! I just love it!! I just listed this little fat 8ths set in my shop today!! :)

This morning I whipped up a farmers wife block with some of the fat 8ths!! It was fun to finally be able to cut into it.

{73} Rainbow Flowers

Since I'm talking about pretty 30's reproduction fabrics I thought I'd show you some of the Toybox II by Sara Morgan. I fell in love with the red and aqua one first after I'd seen it on Flickr and then had to find out where to buy this lovely collection on the bolt! This is now in my shop too! :)

You'll probably see some of my next few farmers wife blocks with some of these!! I got a little behind with my Mom in town so I'll be trying to catch up this week, along with finally getting my pinwheels in the park quilt top sewn together.

Hope you are having a wonderful day too!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely kiddos!!! Oh, I remember those days. I also have four, but they are all grown up - the youngest is 20!!

    Love your fabric choices and seeing your work!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that fabric. I have a bunch of it. I can see some that I don't have though. I am hoping I can get some soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family you have ! How you find the time to do all the wonderful sewing is amazing....this grouping of fabrics are just my cup of tea...i just adore the colors and tiny flowers.....scrap quilts..my favorite...these are the fabrics I love in scrap quilts...I have to do some big sewing soon...my stash runnith over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it great having the kids back in school! (yay!)

    the new fabrics are so pretty! love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute fabric. The 30's repos are my absolute favourites!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just blog hopping and found you. If you live anywhere near Stanwood, I am pretty sure that Cotton Pickins sells that fabric. If not very similar.
    My husband and I like going to Leavenworth on dreary days on the western side of the mountains. We go there often to warm up:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!