Wednesday, January 21, 2009

more lovelies for baby ava!

here are a few of the other handmade lovelies i made for tashas shower to also go in ava's nursrey. baby ava has the sweetest nursrey so you'll have to check out tasha's blog and see the adorable pictures!!!

the pictures from ava's nursrey are from tasha's blog! :) to see more click on the link above!!

yummy booties!! i made these ones from tanya whelans picnic rose in blue fabric

booties from the ohh, so cute japanese hedgehog fabric!!

i am in love with these vintage lamps!!! i found this at a second hand store and now have a couple for my family! :) and am still looking for more!!! this one though, was so perfect for ava's room.

for the banner i used this simple tutorial. the hardest thing with the banner was deciding on which fabrics to use since i could only use a few!!! i had too many cute ones to choose from. now that can be a problem!! :)


the ava doll!! i used bit of whimsey's doodle girl doll pattern for this adorable doll!

i also have to include one picture of the coin quilt in ava's nursrey! :) doesn't it go perfect with the adorable bumper tasha made!

i had so much fun making all the these lovely little handmades for tasha! she is one of my best friends and she has always been an inspiration to me. i would have never gotten into quilting if it wasn't for her encourgement. thanks tasha!!! :)

18 comments:

  1. Hey Kerri- I just noticed your link to this blog on your main page. I have to tell you that you are soooo amazingly talented!!! I love everything you made for Ava's room, and for the shower (...I only wish I could've been there)! I LOVE the hedgehog booties! And the quilts go without even saying... they are amazing! I think it is really cool that you doubled the shower deco as nursery deco- very smart!!
    I was looking through your other posts too, and I don't think I ever saw the round centerpiece that you made- it as absolutely adorable! Seriously, I would totally buy that!
    You and Tasha make me jealous with all your talents!!! You're very inspirational... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous!! I'm totally drooling over your delicious works of art. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I have to say that your work is sooo lovely! You are very talented, the colors and sewing skills are amazing! I am very inspired! Thanks for sharing, Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! I really like the colors.
    Job well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty! The colors are so pretty. I especially love the hedgehog slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so perfect and put together so nicely. What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so in love with baby ava's quilt and booties!!!
    I'm 7 months pregnant and when I see beautiful baby things like these, my heart warms up.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! You are such a kind friend and incredible seamstress! The quilt is just marvelous with the beautiful colors you have used. I truly love it.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realized you lived so close!!!
    We intend to stay in Tacoma for a couple more years, then my husband would like to move back to Gig Harbor (that's where he grew up).
    You do such a beautiful handmade work, it's so nice to look at!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, you do such beautiful work!!
    I can't believe you "just started" quilting. YOu really have a talent and an eye for fabric, I love everything you have posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am SO GLAD to have found your blog, your quilting is gorgeous. do you have a tutorial for those booties? i was looking around for an easy bootie recipe this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  12. kangaroo,

    i don't have a tutorial as of now but the closest tutorial to my booties is on michael millers blog: http://www.makingitfun.blogspot.com/

    on the sidebar under tutorials click on cloth shoes. the only thing different is how i do my backs. but they come out looking pretty much the same. and i use chenille for all the backing fabrics and the bottom pieces for extra softness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so adorable!! um, want to come over sometime and help me with my house? ok thanks.
    no way-- my verification word was really a word... well, two words "you spit". it's going to be a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The booties are adorable! And i love the banner. Such a cute idea and it all works perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you learn to machine quilt? It sure looks great, and makes me want to learn how to stipple quilt! I have tried it, but yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your baby shoes made with chenille. I tried them with minky for a lining, but it is so slippery! I also really like the chenille as the sole. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just stumbled upon Tasha's blog today and commented on her gorgeous nursery...I had no idea she was your sister-in-law and that you made all those goodies!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just find your blog via flickr. You seem to be very talented! I really like your creations, especially the fabric banner!
    Best wishes from Germany.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!